A look at our Programs
All our Programs are geared towards supporting the vulnerable people in the rural areas have access to a better world.
As a leader in child health, H.F.P.F.U keeps children healthy and thriving. We want to lead the massive countrywide effort that will help reduce newborn deaths by over 40%. Still, Malaria remains the second killer disease among children under five, claiming 42 children daily and 1,095 annually according to the Uganda Demographic Health Survey 2011.
As COVID-19 continues to spread countrywide, health systems around the country are overwhelmed. Children’s access to routine health services and nutritious food is in danger. High levels of hunger and malnutrition have also been exacerbated by the pandemic.
We know the country’s children deserve better. As the country’s leading expert on childhood, we have the expertise and the global presence to deliver what’s needed now for children.
Things to be done on health.
- We want to help cut the number of children dying before age 5 by over half which will help save millions of lives.
- We want to help reduce by one-third the number of children stunted from malnutrition across the country.
- We want to transform the way health care is delivered in the country’s hardest to reach places by pioneering programs that treat children close to home, so they receive lifesaving care before it’s too late.
Violence against children was already at pandemic proportions before the outbreak of COVID-19. The pandemic exacerbated the risk of violence against children, particularly girls, poor children, children with disabilities and those in fragile contexts.
What we advocate for protection.
- In some of the world’s worst disasters, we want to lead advocacy efforts that ensure children’s needs are a top priority.
- When an emergency hits, we want to be on the ground within 72 hours, saving lives and providing protection.
- We want to create more safe spaces for children in emergencies than any other humanitarian organization.
- We want to be countrywide leaders in family reunification, helping to support children and families as they flee unimaginable horrors.
- We to help achieve a 25% decline in child marriage countrywide.
H.F.P.F.U works in Bugiri and around the district to reach those children who are missing out most on learning and education.We help children get ready for kindergarten and learn to read by third grade— a major indicator of future success.
We’re especially focused on reaching vulnerable children in rural Uganda where early learning resources are scarce. Countrywide, we want to ensure that no child’s learning stops because they are caught up in a crisis.
Things to be done on education.
- We want to deliver quality education to over 1 million children in this coming decade which is more than any other countrywide development organization.
- We want to reduce the number of out-of-school children by one-third which will result in 500 thousand more children getting the education they deserve.
- In rural Uganda, we want to help more children get ready for kindergarten than any other nonprofit organization.
- We want to work to make sure kids can learn during any crisis in case we have another outbreak like COVID 19.